cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

latest isdct 2.2.3 won't show NVMe P3600 drive

PTiel
New Contributor II

Just installed a P3600 NVMe 2.5" drive. The drive shows up correctly, with no issues, and handles I/O within windows just fine.

However, if I try to run the isdct app, with isdct -show intelssd it *only* shows the two standard Intel SSDs in the system (Raid 0 DC S3700s), and NOT the P3600 NVMe drive.

I assume this is a bug? If so, when can we get a fix?

7 REPLIES 7

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Proteus7:

What OS?

I expect your running Windows* and the answer is that you are using the built in NVMe driver but for Intel DataCenter tool to recognize the drive the Intel NVMe driver is needed.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23929/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Data-Center-Family-for-PCIe-... Intel® Download Center

PTiel
New Contributor II

Running Windows 8.1, and I already installed the latest Intel NVMe driver (shows as Intel Solid-State Drive P3700/P3600/P3500/750 series) 1.2.0.1002, date 2/4/2015

Has this been tested with both regular Intel SSDs and NVMe SSDs installed? I'm guessing thats the issue here, unfortunately OS is installed on the regular SSDs so I can't remove them.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

It should work fine with SATA based SSD and SSD P3600. I'm currently using an add in card SSD 750 (NVMe) and SSD 730 is the boot drive. I would expect your configuration to work the same.

Can you provide the motherboard model, bios and how the SSD P3600 is connected? ie. using an HBA or cable model ___ and what is the controller.

Possibly load SSD toolbox and export the boot drive info? Maybe it will show the SSD 750 and you can export that also...

PTiel
New Contributor II

It does not. Note that the SSD P3600 works just fine, is formatted and seen by the OS, and has reliable I/O. So the system clearly sees the drive, its just the isdct tool that does not. Also note that in my case, the boot drives are a pair in RAID0.

Interestingly enough, SSDtoolbox does see the drive (and shows firmware 8DV1ND01). Its just the isdct tool that only shows the S3700 drives, but not this one. Unfortunately, isdct is the tool needed to manage and update P3600 nvme drives....