cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my SSD 750 series Intel driver installed correctly?

PWert
New Contributor II

I have installed the 400GB, 2.5 in, PCIe. 20nm, MLC SSD on an ASUS H170 Pro Gaming motherboard in a Windows 10 UEFI environment. The SSD is the boot drive. I installed the Intel NVMe driver 1.3.0.1007 using SETUP NVME.exe installer.

The install appeared to go smoothly but when I checked Device Manager disk drives, NVMe Properties, the driver version is 10.0.10586.0 signed by Microsoft Windows.

The Solid-State Drive Toolbox System Information lists three controllers. One, the Intel SSD 750 series, shows driver version 1.3.0.1007. The Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller driver version is 10.0.10586.0 which is the version shown in Device Manager.

If the drivers are not installed correctly, I would appreciate some guidance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello pwertz,

Based on the information you provided, the Driver for your Intel® SSD 750 Series is installed correctly.

Please take into consideration that this is an PCIe* NVMe* drive, and it has some differences from SATA drives.

The actual driver for the Intel® SSD 750 Series is found in Device Manager, under Storage Controllers, and it will be listed as "Intel(R) Solid-State Drive P3700/P3600/P3500/750 Series".

The device shown under Disk drives uses a generic OS driver for Raw storage.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello pwertz,

Based on the information you provided, the Driver for your Intel® SSD 750 Series is installed correctly.

Please take into consideration that this is an PCIe* NVMe* drive, and it has some differences from SATA drives.

The actual driver for the Intel® SSD 750 Series is found in Device Manager, under Storage Controllers, and it will be listed as "Intel(R) Solid-State Drive P3700/P3600/P3500/750 Series".

The device shown under Disk drives uses a generic OS driver for Raw storage.