cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD6 issues.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello,

I need help trying to figure out why my system is not recognizing my M.2 SSD drive (Intel SSD6) I have 2. One is a boot drive (Win10) and the other is for software. I was able to get OS to install on One drive, but the 2nd drive is not being detected at all. Nothing is showing up on Bios as well. The configuration in Bios shows that both M.2 Ultra slots are empty even though it is installed. Disk management doesn't show the 2nd drive is visible. I download all Intel drivers and software to help with this issue but no luck. What am I doing wrong that its not showing up? Could it be that it's a DOA? Any advise would help as I am out of option.

short specs.

MB: ASrock X99 Gaming i7 Professional Series

CPU: i7 5820k

Ram: 16GB 2400mhz

Thanks in advance.!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KL2
New Contributor II
7 REPLIES 7

FSt_V
New Contributor

Hello Lee1064,

You are not the only one it seems. I am having the same issues as well (we purchased 80 of them!). It could be different issue than yours.

However, I have Intel NUCs (NUC5i5RKY) with the SSD 600s and NONE of them are recognizable via OS. The BIOS can verify the SSD is installed in the M.2 port. Assuming Intel on Intel would be great on compatibility but I have used an external cradle via USB and my laptop cannot recognize the SSD as well. It is even making a ticking noise (every half a second). I believe maybe the cradle is not compatible for this SSD spec.

It would be great if we have some answers.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Junjun441,

Wow 80..!! Sorry that you are also in the same boat. I only bought mine due to a sale and the speed it promise. I knew the technology was still new and issue would happen. I was right. I was able to install the OS on both drives, but when using 1 of each for different things, that's when the drive is not detected. I know it's normal for the bios not to see it as a storage drive... but the OS should pick it up as well in the disk management or whatever.

I think my issue is with the MB. After trying the figure out the issue, Now the OS won't even boot. I go into bios and the bios doesn't even display correctly. Displays a lower quality view. Thought it was GPU issue, tested it with different GPU all same issues. I tried reinstalling windows on both Intel ssd6 drive to see if maybe I had a faulty drive. Nope. They both fail with the same issue after installation was done. System crashes after I try to install nvidia drivers????? I restart the pc and the OS doesn't boot, ASrock logo shows a werid display. It repeats from there. confusing as hell!!. Funny thing is that it was all working 2days ago. Today is just no luck. I tested all parts and they are working. Last hope RMA the mb...

Hope someone can provide us with answers about the drivers not being detected in the OS (Win10)

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello junjun441,

I found your post while reviewing this thread. I believe you may have an altogether different issue.

It's important to keep in mind that the Intel SSD 600p Series is a PCIe drive. So even if your USB cradle has an M.2 port, it may only support SATA.

As for your actual issue, we understand you are having issues detecting this SSD in the operating system only.

Which operating system are you using?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Carlos A.

FSt_V
New Contributor

Hello Carlos,

That was the main issue in the first place. The S600 was PCIe and our PCs (Intel NUC5i5RYK) only accepts M.2 SATA. Interesting enough, the BIOS detected the SSD with the PC. It's unfortunate that this SSD looks awfully similar to the SATA interface. The packaging does not show eye clearly that the interface is different. Although I do wish we could have utilized S600.