cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD Toolbox

LDezi
New Contributor

I have two Intel® SSD 520 Series (60GB, 2.5in SATA 6Gb/s, 25nm, MLC) installed in RAID "0" on an ASUS P8Z77-V Pro, Intel Ivy Bridge Quad i7 3770K, G.SKILL Trident X F3-2400C10D-16GTX and two HDDs with Windows 8 Pro 64-bit installed on the RAID volume. I am running Intel® Rapid Storage Technology, Kit installed: 11.7.0.1013, User interface version: 11.7.0.1013, RAID option ROM version: 11.0.0.1339, Driver version: 11.7.0.1013, ISDI version: 11.7.0.1013. I have Intel® SSD Toolbox 3.1.2 installed. When I run the Intel® SSD Optimizer, I get the message "The

Intel SSD Optimizer cannot run on a RAID array under Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012.". Intel web site Download Details says "Optimize the performance of an Intel SSD in RAID 0 using Trim functionality Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) 11.0 or greater". Why is it not working?
3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I've seen this issue too, with Windows 8. As the error message states, it is due to some issue with Windows 8. It works fine with Windows 7.

But the good news is the Windows 8 "Optimize" feature for SSDs does work for SSDs in a RAID 0 volume. The Windows Optimize option can be run from the disks Properties option, in the Tools tab. The Windows 8 Optimize/Manual TRIM feature works with any SSD.

LDezi
New Contributor

Thank you parsec for your quick answer. I found the Windows 8 "Optimize". I did not know about it regarding SSD in RAID "0". I still would like Intel to fix the Intel SSD Toolbox so it can be done from the toolbox. Now I know I can do it with Windows 8 "Optimize". Thanks again.

FGonz6
New Contributor

Hello louii,

We would recommend you to install the latest BIOS firmware for your motherboard, this way you can upgrade the RAID option ROM to a higher version of it and then proceed to download and install the latest driver for the Intel® Rapid Storage and Intel® SSD Toolbox.

Also, If you want to confirm that TRIM is enabled please follow the recommended steps at the following article:

http://www.intel.com/support/ssdc/hpssd/sb/cs-032318.htm http://www.intel.com/support/ssdc/hpssd/sb/cs-032318.htm

Regards,