cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD Toolbox 3.1.2 does not work with new Intel RST 12.6.0.1033

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi. I have Intel SSD 520 120GB SSD. After i updated from the previous Intel RST 12.5 to the new RST 12.6. The Intel SSD TOOLBOX software would not recognize ANY of my HDDs. Not only the SSD. Similar problem I had with my other program - CrystalDiskInfo. I had to update the CrystalDiskInfo to the latest version to recognize any of my HDDs/SSD on the new RST 12.6.

The error on the SSD toolbox is:

***The Intel SSD Toolbox cannot communicate with the selected Intel SSD.

Consider changing to another storage driver compatible with your system and try the tool again.***

The "Optimize" option is greyed out and only the other options are active but they all show this error. SO in other words we need updated Intel SSD Toolbox.

My specs: 2600K/Gigabyte P67-UD5-B3/Intel 520/2x4bg ram/ Win 7 64 bit/ OCZ ZX 1250W/ 2x 680 SLI

2 REPLIES 2

SChau10
New Contributor

I have encountered the same issue on two different PCs after upgrading to the RST 12.6 driver. The problem goes away after the storage driver is rolled back to RST 12.5.

It appears the 12.6 driver has changed the way storage devices are reported to the OS. I'm not sure if this was intentional or a bug, but I agree the Intel SSD Toolbox has fallen behind and a new revision is needed.

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Thank you for posting.

Scan80269, you are correct in regards of your first statement; the drive is probably detected as SCSI (Hardware ID) in device manager, this also happens when the SATA controller is set to RAID or is in fact a native RAID controller. However, this is not an issue with the Intel® SSD Toolbox specifically.

Since the way the drive is detected changed in device manager, the SATA controller is not able to translate the TRIM command to the drive. In this case we recommend rolling back Intel® RST and report the issue to the Intel® Chipset Support Communities.

/community/tech/chipsets http://communities.intel.com/community/tech/chipsets