cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD not recognised by Linux and UEFI (replacement drive)

PTREH
New Contributor

Hi,

I have the same problem than my previous thread, this time with the replacement drive :

Here is the summary for reference :

I used the SSD for several months as a boot drive and now it's not recognised as an UEFI boot drive and I can't see it in a live USB. But I don't have another system to test it.

Booting from a live USB does not recognise the SSD. This eventually gives the error: "nvme nvme0 identify controller failed (-4)". 'fdisk -l' does not show the SSD. The SSD is connected directly to the motherboard, was working before, and is:

Intel 600p 128GB 80mm PCIE 3.0 X4 M.2 SSD.

Motherboard is a SuperMicro A2SDi-4C-HLN4F.

Is there anything I can do to use it again? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi nyanloutre,

Thank you for contacting our support community. We understand your situation regarding the Intel® SSD 600p Series.In order to better address your issue, could you please provide the following details: -What is the operating system you are using? -What is the workload of the SSD? -Are you using the SSD to boot or are you using it as a storage device? Also, we would like to inform you that this SSD is a consumer drive and is not intended to be in a server environment. For that purpose, we recommend you to check our https://ark.intel.com/# @DataCenterSSDs Data Center SSDs family. We look forward to hearing back from you.Regards,Junior M.

PTREH
New Contributor

Hello,

I am using Linux and the SSD is only for the system and a few services, so it's a very light workload. I have a database but the storage is not located on the SSD. So the only times the drive should be accessed heavily is on boot and on system upgrades.

For the specific bits I didn't mount it with the discard option but a regular trim is setup (is this good with NVMe drives ?).

Also it's mounted in a PCIe 3.0 2X slot (the drive is PCIe 3.0 4x), can it be related ?

Is it possible to have a refund of the drive as the replacement dosn't seems to work ?

Thanks,

Paul TREHIOU

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi nyanloutre,

Thanks for the reply.

We would like to inform you that the SSD supports Trim. If you use PCIe 3.0 2x the SSD will work with it because it is backward compatible. However, the speed will be the one provided by the PCIe 3.0 2x and not the one that PCIe 3.0 4x will be able to provide.

We recommend you to contact yourhttps://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html# @3 local support team in order to get further assistance.

Regards,

Junior M.