Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD broke down after 4 years.

Murat
New Contributor

Hi
We bought a Dell workstation in 2016.
Intel SSD was used as the driver in it. Model: SSDSC2KF256H6 (Pro 5400s series 256 gb 2,5 '')
The computer shut down as a result of a power cut and unfortunately it did not turn on when I wanted to turn it back on. The SSD drive appears in the BIOS screen but the operating system does not boot.
The computer was used for design work and it contained important drawings. I cannot access the drawings right now.
Is there any method to open the disc?
We wanted it to be the best and we used Intel, but now I regret it.
Moreover, the power outage occurred for the first time. And the disk broke down at the first cut.
Do Intel SSD disks last 4 years?

Note: Translated by Google translate. We apologize if there is any mistake.

9 REPLIES 9

LeonWaksman
Contributor II

Hi @Murat 

1. I'm assuming that the Operating System on your computer is Windows 10. Using Microsoft Media Creation Tool prepare Windows Installation USB.

2. Some times booting into Windows in SAFE mode may fix boot problems: 

3. Boot from your Windows 10 installation USB. 

4. Select your language preferences and click/tap on Next

5. Click/tap on Repair your computer at the bottom. 

6. Click/tap on Troubleshoot

7. Click/tap on Advanced options.

8. Click on Command Prompt 

9. In the Command Prompt write the following command: bcdedit /set {default} safeboot minimal and press enter to execute this command

10. Close the Command Prompt window by clicking the X in the upper right corner of the Command Prompt window. 

11. Select Continue and sign in to Windows

12. While in Windows, press Windows key + r. Run msconfig

13. Chose Boot tab and uncheck Safe boot.  Reboot your system. 

14. If the above procedure will not help, repeat para 3 trough 8 in order to get Command Prompt again.

14 in the Command Prompt use DOS commands (click on Enter after each command to get access to your files). For example cd \ will get you your C: drive root. While d: (click enter) will get you 😧 drive root.

Leon

Hello @Leon
The old operating system was Windows 7.
Now we have a new ssd installed on the computer and we have installed Windows 10.
Intel ssd not plugged into computer.
What can be done in this situation?
Thank you for your help.

You can buy a SATA III to USB Converter to connect the old drive to your computer and try to get access to your files. It will work if the old drive circuit was not damaged.

Leon

We bought a converter and tried it, but unfortunately the ssd disk did not open.
Is there any other way to access important information on the disc?
Or Intel in Turkey did have such a service?

I have a HDD that I use for 20 years without any problems.
Ok, I'm not against planned obsolescence for the economic cycle, but it's sad that the Intel SSD drive fails in as little as 4 years.

At least to recover data, you must have a solution, an office.