cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD 600p speed problem

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I've get a less that half of advertised speed of Intel intel SSD 600p using m.2 port on MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X motherboard using Intel i5 6600k. I updated all the motherboard drivers and running windows 10 pro and still get only 750 mb/s seq read . Does anybody has any ideas what i can do before return ssd back?

7 REPLIES 7

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello PiterParker,

We understand your SSD is not performing at the speed it was advertised, we would like to know first what is the model of SSD you have or capacity of it?Checking at the motherboard's downloads, please make sure the BIOS version of your motherboard is version: 2.7 - Found in http://download.msi.com/bos_exe/7A11v27.zip this linkWe will be waiting for your response.Regards,NC

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi there!

I use 2.7 version of BIOS and actual drivers for whole system.

The capacity of the SSD is 512 Gb.

Here is the screenshot of speed that I've get

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi PiterParker,

Thanks a lot for the information provided.For now we would like to research about this situation, in the meantime, could you please provide us more specs of your computer? (Motherboard, CPU, Memory, Brand and Model, etc)Also, are you using this SSD as a boot drive or storage?We will be waiting for your response and we'll be working on our research as well.Regards,NC

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello PiterParker,

We would like to know if by any chance did you notice a change on the speed after upgrading the BIOS version of the motherboard? Or if it was running at that speed from day one?Please also let us know if the drive is used as boot drive or just for storage.Regards,NC