Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD 540s + Windows XP / SP3 / 32 bit

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello

I have a very simple question.

Can I install Windows XP in the IDE or AHCI mode on the Intel SSD 540s ?

It will work on 540s ???

My motherboard Asus P8Z68 Deluxe has an integrated Intel SATA III / 6Gb controller.

I am currently using the Intel SSD 320 160 Gb and it works well, but I would like to move to a higher speed.

I tested SSD Kingston HyperX savage and its unfortunately incompatible with windows XP.

Windows XP is still my favorite.

thank you for any answer

8 REPLIES 8

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Relon,

The https://ark.intel.com/products/series/94208/Intel-SSD-540s-Series Intel® SSD 540s Series was not certified for Windows XP* as this operating system is no longer within our scope of validation.Because of this, we cannot guarantee that the drive will be compatible with Windows XP* SP3. However, if you were to try the following article may be of help:- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006704/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards.ht... Windows XP* Setup Cannot Find Hard DriveBest regards,Eugenio F.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

BSOD STOP:0x0000007B (0xF78AA524, 0x0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello

I think, im not crazy.

Situacion analysis is as follows.

I see a bug before starting the installation winxp BSOD stop 0x0000007B

Your recommendations.....

During boot, enter the BIOS setup by pressing F2.

Depending on your board, do one of the following:

Go to the Configuration > SATA Drives menu, set Configure SATA to IDEGo to the Advanced > Drive Configuration menu, set ATA/IDE Mode to Native

Press F10 to Save and Exit

The firs problem

This advice no effect. All combinations of BIOS SATA settings i passed.

If I change BIOS to IDE,AHCI or RAID mode, the error still continues. By the way i still set to IDE mode and work fine.

Next your recommendations.....

Using F6

This option displays in the status line and lets you use a computer manufacturer's mass storage controller driver. Near the beginning of Windows Setup, Windows pauses briefly and displays the following prompt:

Press F6 if you need to install a third-party SCSI or RAID driver.

For instructions on using F6, refer to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/technologies/000005864.html F6 Installation Method.

Next problem

Everywhere a file is missing from your links "TXTSETUP.OEM"

This file ( TXTSETUP.OEM ) is crucial for booting the FDD/F6 driver

I searched the internet. unfortunately no recommendation

I know this procedure very well. This way I installed 1000x server os, linux

If intel controller isnt compatible with Intel hdd its big problem.

Can you give me a precise link where to download the correct F6/FDD boot loader ?

thanks

Hell

thanks

AlHill
Contributor II

"Windows XP is still my favorite."

Well, it may be your favourite, but it is not supported.

To avoid situations like this, and to be able to enjoy the use and performance of your 540 SSD, and save countless hours of frustration, do yourself a huge favour and upgrade to W7 or W10.

Windows XP has not been supported since April 2014. It is time to move on and to stop clinging to the past.

Doc