cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD 520 series reporting errors (ssdsc2cw240a3)

AMana7
New Contributor

Hello,

I have an Intel SSD model ssdsc2cw240a3. Its a 240GB drive working as the main C: drive in my computer. For the last few days windows 10 started reporting hard disk problems with this drive. I installed the Intel SSD Toolbox and I see that it is reporting following:

AA Available Reserved Space0910 Contact your reseller or local Intel representative for assistance.

E8 Available Reserved Space0910 Contact your reseller or local Intel representative for assistance.

I have attached the full report also.

Can somebody please tell me what I need to do to fix this? I have run the SSD Optimizer but it didn't help with the above AA, E8 issue.

This drive is barely 3 years old and the warranty is 5 years.

Thanks,

Adnan

2 REPLIES 2

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello Adnan2015,

Checking the information in the SSD log, the Available Reserved Space is below threshold and that is why you are getting warnings for the drive, however, the the rest of the SMART attributes look normal.

The Available Reserved Space reports the number of reserve blocks remaining. This space is used for regular controller functions.

Please contact our support center for further analysis and additional recommendations about this issue: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact Support

Hello jonathan_intel,

Thank you for the reply. Not sure what it means when Available Reserved Space is below threshold. Don't know if this is something that can be ignored or if drive is about to fail soon? I have backed everything up just in case. But don't want to keep working under the constant fear of the drive failing any moment. Plus windows keeps popping up the warning window every 15 minutes. I will contact the Support as recommended.

Thanks