cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel PCIe NVMe SSD stops powering after reboot

MGrah1
New Contributor

Hi Support,

I have recently purchased a Intel PCIe NVMe SSD 400GB drive.

It works until reboot then stops being detected by the Mobo. The lights on the unit also don't turn on.

I have updated the firmware to the latest, removed all USB drives and ensured its in a PCIe x4 slot.

I have to remove and re-seat the unit to get it to work again. (I'm guessing residual power?)

The Mobo also has the latest drivers.

My system is as follows. Hope you can help, thanks!

Intel i7-3770

Asus P8Z77-V Pro

32GB DDR3 RAM

Nvidia GTX 1080

For troubleshooting I have disconnected all other drive.

16 REPLIES 16

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Carcus,

We will be glad to assist you with this situation, we just need to know the model of the SSD you have.Please also make sure, since you mentioned this is an NVMe drive, to have the latest driver installed, https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23929/Intel-SSD-Data-Center-Family-for-NVMe-Drivers here is the link.We will be waiting for your response.NC

MGrah1
New Contributor

The drive is SSDPEDMW400G4X1

If the BIOS doesnt recognise the drive a windows driver wont help will it?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Carcus,

According to the SSD you have, it is recommended, as you did already, to have it installed in a PCIe x4 slot. Now, after checking your motherboard, we can notice it comes with the following:2 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 or dual x8)1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (x4 mode, black)Could you please try one of the PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16? - This just to verify if the SSD works better in a different slot.Also, could you try a power cycle in the computer before powering one the computer again? (Disconnect the power cable and press and hold the power button for 20 seconds).We will be waiting for your response.NC

MGrah1
New Contributor

Hi Support,

I have tried the card in both slots with the same result.

Once I full power cycle it works again for a period then again stops working. Thanks