cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel NVME SR-IOV support

MAbdi
New Contributor

Hello

I am using P3600 Intel NVME. I am wondering whether they support SR-IOV. I am planning to run some performance isolation test on them on a virtualized environment.

Regards

Mania

10 REPLIES 10

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi ManiaA,

We understand that you want to confirm if the Intel® SSD DC P3600 Series supports SR-IOV.We would like to inform you that we will check on this, we will keep you posted with any updates. Regards, Junior M.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi ManiaA,

We would like to inform you that our NVMe* Data Center drives are designed to be used with broad of the virtualization technologies in the market, and that includes SR-IOV. Please let us know if there is something else we can assist you with. Regards, Junior M.

MAbdi
New Contributor

That's Great. Could you please let me know, how can I enable it on device? Or do you have any documentation that I can use it to? I am using RedHat Rhel 7.1 and virt-manager.

Regards

Mania

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi ManiaA,

We would like to inform you that there is no information how to set the SR-IOV since it is something you set up from the OS. You don't need to enable it from the SSD's site since it is ready for the feature.

We suggest you contact the https://access.redhat.com/community Red Hat* Linux* support community in order to get assistance how to set up SR-IOV in the OS.

NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.

Regards,

Junior M.