cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel DC P3520 Dead?

SWebs1
New Contributor

Hi, I have a 1.2TB Intel DC P3520. After moving a VM library to the drive, the system started to give me I/O errors. I rebooted the machine and the drive no longer shows up in Windows or even the UEFI. The drive has solid yellow/orange light and green lights showing. Are there any ways to fix this? I tried it in two different machines so far. Still not showing.

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello SeanW_SSD,

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support. As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® SSD DC P3520 series. If we infer correctly, to begin diagnosis and consequent troubleshooting that could take us to a resolution, we would appreciate if you could, please, reply to this post with the following, important, basic information:
  1. System integration (please, describe how your system is integrated; please, include the manufacturer and model of all the components)
  2. Operating system information ( OS distribution, Kernel version, etc)
  3. A picture of the lights that are showing in the Intel® SSD DC P3520 Series
  4. Usage that you are giving to these drives (primary drives, storage/secondary drives, part of a RAID array, etc).
  5. Pictures and the marking of your product (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025532/memory-and-storage.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025532/memory-and-storage.html).
  6. Is the BIOS able to recognize the drive?
We will be looking forward to your reply.Best regards,Josh B.Intel Customer Support.

SWebs1
New Contributor

Hi Josh,

1. ASRock Z370 Taichi and ASRock X99 WS-E Motherboards - both on the latest UEFIs. Also, doesn't work on an ASRock Z170 OC Formula nor ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X APEX.

2. Win Server 2012 R2 (with latest updates) and Win 10 Pro 64-bit 1803

4. Secondary storage device for VM storage and my network sharing folders.

6. Doesn't show in the UEFI on any system.

Pix attached.

Thank you.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello SeanW_SSD.

Thank you for your reply and the information provided. You are going to receive an email shortly from our advance technical support department in order to further assist you. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Best regards, Josh B.Intel Customer Support TechnicianUnder Contract to Intel Corporation