cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 750 Solid State Drive Estimated Life Dropping Quickly

IMarc1
New Contributor

Hello,

I am new to this community and this is my first time I post something on this forum.

I have an Intel 750 Solid State Drive, 400GB capacity that I purchased on the 27th of June 2015 from eMAG.ro in Romania, a famous online shop that sells products from Intel.

I noticed in the last few months that its health has started to decrease rapidly, currently at 49% with 8.56TB written. Usually the health decreases by 1% within 10-20 days period, as I have noticed using HDD Sentinel application.

I have a Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 motherboard, with F7x BIOS version (this version was given to me by Gigabyte so that I could install and boot from the NVMe drive), along with an Intel i7-4930K CPU and Kingston DDR3 64GB RAM.

I have always used this solid state drive with Windows 7 Proffesional and have this operating system installed ever since I bought it. This drive is configured in BIOS so that I can boot from it.

I have also attached to you the .csv file from the Intel Solid-State Drive Toolbox. Firmware version is: 8EV10174.

Please help. Thank you very much.

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Steel4ever,

Welcome to our community.We understand your SSD is having an issue where the health status keeps decreasing monthly, we'd like to help you with this request.Based on the information you shared with us, we found the following:-The firmware version of the SSD is an older version.-From the logs, we can see the wear level at 48% already (Pretty low)-The drive shows a write amplification factor really high.Our suggestions are:-Always update the firmware to the latest version. You can use the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26776/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox Intel® Solid-State Drive Toolbox for it, the latest version is 8EV101H0.-Please contact our http://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/support/contact-support.html?_ga=2.67649041.121826640.14952... @3 support department in order to request an RMA for the unit, due to the high write amplification and low health status.-If you get the drive replaced, please make sure to update the firmware, the situation could be prevented with this.Please let us know if you have any doubts.Regards,Nestor C

IMarc1
New Contributor

Good day, sir!

Thank you very much for having me here

I have noted that I have to update the firmware to the latest version, I thought that if the operating system (Windows 7 Pro in my case) was working without an issue, that I should leave it as is because I knew that there is a risk implied when you update the firmware to just about any electronic component (in case of power failure for example).

What is going to happen when I request an RMA? I do not have another spare solid state drive and I need to know what to do before sending the defective one back to Intel.

Is the drive going to be replaced or repaired? Please let me know. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Julian

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Steel4ever,

Basically, our support department will provide you with options for you in order to RMA the SSD. They will be the best to let you know how the process works and they'll be able to provide you with the steps to get the drive replaced.You may also contact them through chat, http://intelsupportchat.force.com/icslivechat/ics_tech_ssd_ww_english_Chat click this link to get access.Regards,Nestor C