cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 750 Degraded but healthy?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have a 2 to 3 month old Intel SSD 750 1.2TB drive in a Dell T7910 workstation.

The user complained about the computer freezing (Windows 10 64 Enterprise) so I ran Dell diagnostics on it and it said it thought the drive was having a problem. I contacted Dell and they had me update the BIOS on the PC, now it no longer fails the Dell diagnostics.

However the user is still having freezing and hard lockups.

I downloaded and installed the latest Intel Solid State Drive Toolbox and clicked on the Firmware Update button and it says "Drive health is degraded. Contact your reseller or local Intel representative to assistance."

I ran both the quick diagnostics scan and the full diagnostics scan and they both passed with 100%, however it still says the drive is degraded.

The SSD Optimizer also refuses to run because it says the drive is degraded.

The attached file is from before the full drive scan. I can't seem to find now how to export that again.

4 REPLIES 4

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Ok here's the file after running the full scan.

And I will include the system specs as well.

Dell Precision T7910

Latest Bios A19

2 x Intel Xeon E5-2695 V4 (18 cores each with HT enabled, 72 logical processors total)

512GB DDR 4 RAM

Nvidia Quadro M6000 24GB VRAM

Intel 750 1.2TB PCIE SSD.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Stonent,

We understand you have one of our Intel SSD 750 series (Dell disk) and it is showing as degraded.First of all, we need to let you know that our tools do not work with OEM drives, this is a limitation since our tools are made to work with the generic SSDs we sell. This means, there is not relevant information from the files you attached to us.Also, we can see in the files attached, that the firmware version installed on the SSD is: 8EV1DC02, you may want to check with Dell* if they have another latest version for it.Do you have one drive or several drives connected in RAID mode?If it is a single drive, have you performed a secure erase on it already?We will be waiting for your response, please keep us posted.Regards,Nestor C

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

It is a single drive. I have not done a secure erase because I will need to back up the computer before, run the erase, and then restore it and the user still needs to use the PC.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Stonent,

Thanks for the response.

Depending on the estimated life remaining, this may apply for RMA; however, since our tool only works for generic drives, we do suggest to you to contact Dell* in order to check for a possible software to read the SMART attributes.

The idea of secure erase the drive was to determine if the freezing up issues are gone with this, but since it looks this is a problem with the health status, we suggest contacting Dell* immediately.

Regards,

Nestor C