cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 750 and HDD Activity LED

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I installed Windows 10 onto my Intel 750 400GB(SSDPE2MW400G4R5-2.5" SSD version) last night and everything seemed fine but then this morning I

noticed that the HDD activity LED was on all the time. After spending about 4 hours on the problem I figured out that the LED works fine on other hard

drives but when I plug in the 750 the LED it appears that it reverses itself(on for no activity and off for activity). I tried messing with the LED connectors

on the motherboard and at the front panel but nothing works.

I used to have the AHCI version of the Samsung SM951 512GB M.2 SSD in the slot and the HDD activity LED functioned correctly.

Except for that the 750 works just fine.

For the record, my setup;

Asus X99 Deluxe with most current bios

32GB Crucial Sport Ballistix DIMMs

1TB Seagate HD

Intel 750 400GB 2.5" SSD with most current firmware

Nvidia GeForce Titan graphics card

Asus Hyper Kit NVMe adapter

Is this a problem that will be fixed with future firmware or should I just return it and hope the replacement doesn't do the same thing?

Message was edited by: Kent Jantz

11 REPLIES 11

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello Swingarm,

We will look into this and provide further updates soon.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Ok, sounds good.

I went and ahead and did a replacement RMA with Newegg, if the new drive does it I will keep it and just wait for updates and hope it's something that can be fixed with firmware.

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello Swingarm,

There are a few things you can check in order to make sure the SSD is configured properly.

Make sure you are using the proper BIOS settings in your system. You can check this with the Motherboard Manufacturer, and also, you can find some configuration examples in the following document:

http://www.intel.com/support/ssdc/hpssd/sb/CS-035481.htm Intel® High Performance Solid-State Drives — Booting an NVMe* PCI Express* Solid State Drive

Also, install the Intel® Solid-State Drive Data Center Family for PCIe Drivers, current version is 1.2.0.1002, it can be downloaded at the following location:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23929/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Data-Center-Family-for-PCIe-... Intel® Download Center

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I got my replacement 750 today and it runs just fine with the exception of the LED problem. Beginning to think this is an Asus X99 problem.