cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intel 660p SSD show only 2gb space

killthezed
New Contributor

hello 

i bought new SSD 660p and installed it on my pc and in windows it show that i have only 2GB instead of 2TB  , 

i update all the driver and firmware , but it still show me that i have only 2GB of space in the disk management 

how can i fix that ??

5 REPLIES 5

n_scott_pearson
Contributor II
Try using the Intel Memory and Support (MAS) app to see if a firmware update is available and install this update if available.
Hope this helps,
...S

LeonWaksman
Contributor II

Hi @killthezed 

Assuming that the firmware of the SSD is updated, try to erase (wipe) the contents of the SSD using diskpart utility: 

1. In the search box write "cmd" and in the results you will see Command Prompt. Right click on Command Prompt and chose Run as administrator.

2. From the command prompt, type diskpart and press Enter. The diskpart prompt will open.

3. From the diskpart prompt, type list disk and press Enter. A list of disks will appear in a text format. You will return to the diskpart prompt.

4. From the diskpart prompt you will need to select a disk disk number (for instance, if the 660P SSD is Disk 1, you would type select disk 1) and press EnterDiskpart Erase/Clean will permanently erase/destroy all data on the selected drive. Please be certain that you are erasing the correct disk. 

5. From the diskpart prompt, type clean and press Enter. The SSD is now erased.

6. Close out of the Command Prompt.

7. Open the Disk Management, press Action in menu and then Rescan Disks.

8.     If your see the new drive but it is not initialized, Right-click the drive marked as "Unknown" and "Not Initialized," and select Initialize Disk.

9.     Select GPT (GUID Partition Table) and press OK

10.     Once the drive is initialized, right-click the Unallocated space, and select New Simple Volume

11.      Click Next.

12.      Choose the volume size or leave the default size if you're planning to use the entire hard drive to store files.

13.      Click Next.

14.      Select a drive letter from the drop-down menu.

15.      Click Next.

16.      Select the NTFS file system.

17.     On "Allocation unit size," leave the Default option.

18.    Type a descriptive name in Volume label field.

19.    Clear the Perform a quick format option.

20.    Click Next.

21.    Click Finish. Once you completed the steps, Windows 10 will set up a new partition and properly format the hard drive.

22.    If your drive is initialized, you need only to format it.  Right-click the drive you want and click Format.

Leon

did all those steps and still its show 2GB 

LeonWaksman
Contributor II

1. Did you installed and run the Intel MAS tool (Scott suggested)?

2. In the Administrative Command Prompt window, when you run the diskpart and then list disk command, you see 2GB size on this drive?

3. If the answer for the above questions is yes, I think you should replace this drive.

Leon