cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 530 240GB Full Diagnostic Scan failure

KRupp
New Contributor

Hello,

I recently ran a full diagnostic scan of my Intel 530 240GB SSD the other day and saw that it failed at 9% during the Read Scan portion of the test while showing this message: "Error: An error was detected reading data from the selected Intel SSD. Contact your reseller or local Intel representative for assistance."

Since then, I have updated to the latest version of Intel SSD Toolbox (v3.4.7) and ran the test again with the same result. I have owned my drive for three years now and use it in my home desktop. After looking around at some of the other posts regarding SSDs, it was a common theme for an attachment of the SMART details provided by the Intel SSD Toolbox.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated,

KR

13 REPLIES 13

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello karupp,

We understand that your Intel® SSD 530 Series failed the Read Scan on Intel® SSD Toolbox.Thanks for sharing the SSD's S.M.A.R.T. log. Based on it, the SSD seems to be in good health. The error may be caused by corrupted data on the drive. We recommend to create a back up of the information on the drive and run a secure erase.You can secure erase the SSD using Intel® SSD Toolbox. You may also use Microsoft* DiskPart* as instructed in the article below:- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022179/memory-and-storage.html Removing Partitions with Microsoft DiskPart*After doing, please run the Full Diagnostic scan again and let us know the results.Best regards,Eugenio F.

Bbing1
New Contributor

Hello,Eugenio F

I have a problem about the intel SSD Optimizer of 530 series 120GB,as the following snipping picture,

could you giving me some explain about the error code(10/114),and if you have some suggestions to solve the problem, show me please~

Thank you very much~~@Eugenio F

Best regards

Bitbingo

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Bitbingo,

Thanks for posting. We understand that you're receiving error (10/114) for Intel® SSD Optimizer at Intel® SSD Toolbox.Just to confirm, do you receive this error before running the Optimizer, or after? As for possible solutions, please install the latest Intel SSD Toolbox version (3.4.9 as of today):- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27330/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox?product=80096 Intel® Solid State Drive ToolboxOnce installed, make sure the firmware for your Intel® Solid State Drive 530 Series is up to date. The latest firmware versions for this drive are DC32 for the 2.5" form factor, and DC33 for the mSATA. After that, please reboot your system and try again.Please let us know how it goes for you.Best regards,Eugenio F.

Bbing1
New Contributor

Hello,Eugenio F

Thank you for your help, I already updated the software version to 3.4.9, but the same problem still occurred.

I have never met this problem before, I'm not sure whether there are some wrong settings of Win 10.I capture the picture of the storage setting as the following:

Please give me suggestion, Thank you very much.

Best regards

Bitbingo