cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've have two 750s installed in RAID 0, bootable - does the IRST driver replace the nvme driver or should I be installing both?

NMeye3
New Contributor II

I have seemingly successfully installed two 750's as a bootable RAID 0 volume. To do so, I installed the latest IRST driver. When I went to install the nvme driver I received an error, I think it said something about not being able to locate an appropriate device ( I can get the specific error message if necessary). After doing a little research, my initial thoughts are that one should only install either the IRST driver or the nvme driver, not both; and that the nvme driver is only for ssd drives that are not in RAID, is this correct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AP16
Contributor

If you setup RAID in RST BIOS, RST hides NVME drivers from system (due PCIE-to-SATA remap), only RST driver needed. But if you want to setup RAID from Windows, you should first install NVME, then RST.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AP16
Contributor

If you setup RAID in RST BIOS, RST hides NVME drivers from system (due PCIE-to-SATA remap), only RST driver needed. But if you want to setup RAID from Windows, you should first install NVME, then RST.

NMeye3
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply JFFulcrum! I'm new to this forum (and forums in general). It seems like it is up to me to mark your answer as correct, and so I did.

Out of my own curiosity, if you know of any resources that discuss your answer in further detail, please let me know.

Thanks greatly for your time!