cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have purchased a laptop with Intel SSD Pro 2500 240GB, It's only 6 months and I'm getting errors with code AA and E8. I want to fix them. I'm a student that's why wanting to fix instead of purchasing new one(Can't afford). Help!

MUlHa
New Contributor

Here are some details from SSD:

Model Number: Intel SSDSC2BF240A5L

Serial Number: CVTS515501CQ240JGN

Firmware: LTVi

Power On Hours: 2801 Hours.

Power On Count: 1523

Total Host Reads: 16653 GB

Total Host Writes: 12664 GB

Transfer Mode: SATA/300 | SATA/600

Standard: ACS-3

Features: S>M>A>R>T, APM, 48Bit LBA, NCQ, TRIM, DevSleep

Errors found:

Available Reserved Space:

ID: AA

Current: 8

Threshold: 10

Available Reserved Space:

ID: E8

Current: 8

Threshold: 10

5 REPLIES 5

DiegoV_Intel
Contributor II

Hi MUlHa,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

The Available Reserve Space attribute reports the number of reserve blocks remaining. This value starts at 100 and then it decreases until 0. The threshold value is 10, so you are getting the error because the current value is 8% of available reserve space.

We can try to fix it by doing a couple of suggested actions, however in case the issue persists, you should contact the place of purchase for a replacement or to get a new drive. Please also notice that your drive is using the firmware LTVi, which means you have an OEM drive.

An OEM drive is an Intel drive that has a special firmware developed by an OEM, for example HP*, Lenovo, Dell*, etc. If I’m not mistaken, the firmware LTVi corresponds to a Lenovo* firmware, so in case the issue is not fixed after the suggestions below, you should contact Lenovo* to get a possible replacement if the warranty still applies.

Having said this, let’s try to perform the below suggestions:

1. Please get first the full SMART report using the Intel® SSD Toolbox. You can download the tool from the following site: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28447/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox. To export the SMART data just click on the Export button at the lower right corner. Then upload the file in your response.
  2. Additionally, please run the Intel® SSD Optimizer which is a feature included in the Intel® SSD Toolbox. You will see the option at the upper left corner in the Intel® SSD Toolbox window.
  3. If the issue is not fixed, please try to run a low-level format of the drive. This process will delete all data in the drive but may fix the issue, so make sure to back up the data before doing this process. The following article includes some third party tools that you can use to perform the low-level format process: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006198/memory-and-storage.html

Please try this and let me know the results.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

DiegoV_Intel
Contributor II

Hi MUlHa,

Just wondering if you have any updates.

Regards,

Diego V.

DiegoV_Intel
Contributor II

Hi MUlHa,

Since we haven't received updates, the thread will be closed, however if you have any updates to share, feel free to post them here.

Regards,

Diego V.

Santiago_A_Inte
Contributor III

Hi Muhammad,

Greetings from Intel® SSD Support.

This is a friendly reminder your case remains open, awaiting for your reply.

Please let us know if you might need further assistance.

Have a nice day.

Santiago A.

Intel® Customer Support Technician