cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade P4510/P4610 firmware via tri-mode HBA?

Shigeyoshi_O_In
New Contributor

What is the recommended way to upgrade P4510/P4610 NVMe SSD firmware, when they are connected via tri-mode HBA, specifically Broadcom 9400-16?

Regards,

5 REPLIES 5

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, SOhar.

Thank you for contacting the Intel Community Support.

I checked your ticket regarding the SSD firmware update, I will be glad to assist you.

We currently do not have a tool that supports performing the firmware update through the Broadcom 9400-16.

Scheduling a downtime to connect drives directly to a system will be necessary in order for you to perform the update via Intel Data Center Tool.

Let me know if you have other questions or concerns.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

Shigeyoshi_O_In
New Contributor

Hello Bruce,

May I make a further confirmation?

- Only way  to update Intel NVMe SSD (P4510/P4610) is using Intel Data Center Tool.

- Intel Data Center Tool works only directly attached NVMe not via HBA. (or just Broadcom 9400-16 is not supported?) 

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, SOhar.

You can use the Intel Data Center Tool and the Intel Firmware Update Tool (with the drives directly attached), sometimes the second one may not have the latest firmware released, so the Intel DCT is preferred:

- Latest Intel SSD firmware releases and what tools can apply it: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000017245/memory-and-storage.html

For the second question, it is possible to apply the update while the drive is not directly connected, but just in a few scenarios:

For updating firmware with the supported hardware RAID cards below, first, use the command: 

isdct.exe set -system EnableLSIAdapter=’true’

Supported RAID cards are:

• MR SAS 9260-16i (RAID card chipset LSI-2108)
  • MR SAS 9270-8i (RAID card chipset LSI-2208)
  • MR SAS 9341-4i (RAID card chipset LSI-3008)
  • MR SAS 9341-8i (RAID card chipset LSI-3008)
  • MR SAS 9361-4i (RAID card chipset LSI-3108)

If there is anything else, just let me know.

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

Shigeyoshi_O_In
New Contributor

​Hello Bruce,

Thank you so much for your prompt answer. It seems I need to request HBA support with DCT. I appreciate your help.

Regards,

hara