cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup INTEL 330 120gb ssd on RAID 0 with trim enabled?

TKagk
New Contributor

Hello, can u describe me the process of installing 2 x 120gb 330 ssd as RAID 0 with trim enabled? my motherboard is an asus p9x79 deluxe with windows 7 x64. Everytime i tried to install raid0 didnt seem to recognize the drivers or the raid itself in windows setup menu.

Can u describe me the general process? I just want to format and fresh install a RAID 0 setup. What should i do? Also if i managed to do that, how i enable trim on raid 0 or is it enabled by default? thank u

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Hello thanulee,

TRIM on RAID is only supported by Intel® Z77 Chipsets and newer in combination with the most recent Intel® Rapid Storage Technology versions. This feature is not supported with Intel® X79 Chipsets.

If you still want to install the operating system in such RAID volume you may need to load the IRSTe (F6) RAID driver during Windows* installation. Such driver may be downloaded from the motherboard manufacturer's website.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Hello thanulee,

TRIM on RAID is only supported by Intel® Z77 Chipsets and newer in combination with the most recent Intel® Rapid Storage Technology versions. This feature is not supported with Intel® X79 Chipsets.

If you still want to install the operating system in such RAID volume you may need to load the IRSTe (F6) RAID driver during Windows* installation. Such driver may be downloaded from the motherboard manufacturer's website.

Hello Joel,

Thanks for ur reply. I finally installed the ssd's in RAID 0 with the very first driver i found in the motherboard cd. So i thought x79 chipsets are very new and support everything, i didnt know. What is IRSTe? I found the IRSTe driver now that I installed the windows. What exactly is this? Should i install it now or not bother? Btw from cmd when i use this command to check if trim is enabled, shows that it is. Im a bit confused. thank u

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Hello thanulee,

I will answer in the other thread you created: /thread/43690 http://communities.intel.com/thread/43690.