cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recover data from INTEL SSDSA2CW120G3 which shows 8.4 MB after MacBook crashed ?

TBhat3
New Contributor

Hello,

The SSD is INTEL SSDSA2CW120G3 which is showing 8.4 MB now instead of 120 GB. Here is how it happened:

- I forced shutdown the MacBook Pro 13", 2011 model as it was hung. After restarting it was showing a flashing '?' on a while screen. The Mac has Yosemite installed on the SSD.

- Then I did a internet recovery to install the OS X in another HDD disk ( labeled Storage).

- The DiskUtility shows INTEL SSDSA2CW120G3 is only 8.4 MB along with following info from system profile:

Vendor: Intel Product: 6 Series Chipset

Link Speed: 6 Gigabit

Negotiated Link Speed: 3 Gigabit

Physical Interconnect: SATA

Description: AHCI Version 1.30 Supported

INTEL SSDSA2CW120G3:

Capacity: 8.4 MB (83,88,608 bytes)

Model: INTEL SSDSA2CW120G3

Revision: 4PC10362

Serial Number: NO_CONTEXT 00000001

Native Command Queuing: No

Removable Media: No

Detachable Drive: No

BSD Name: disk0

Medium Type: Solid State

TRIM Support: No

Partition Map Type: Unknown

S.M.A.R.T. status: Not Supported

This disk contains my 1 year of work, unfortunately I don't have any backup. Attaching once screenshot of current scenario of the disks.

Is there any way I could recover my files from this SSD ?

<span style="color: # 2222...

1 REPLY 1

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello Tushar,

The information you provided indicates that your drive has failed. For warranty support we advise you to engage your nearest support center in order to receive assistance from a support engineer. The contact methods for your region can be found in the following website:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact Support

I would like to mention that this condition normally requires a replacement. Some users have reported being able to use their drives again using different methods, however, these actions just make the drive able to be formatted and they do not recover the data.

Please keep in mind that regular data backup is the best method to prevent data loss and Intel does not provide data recovery services.

If you wish to recover the data instead of engaging warranty support, there are some 3rd party companies that specialize in Data recovery.

Please be aware that Intel does not reimburse for this service, and does not guarantee data recovery services. You would have to contact the companies listed for pricing, services, and terms:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/solid-state-drives/legacy-consumer-ssds/000006357.htm... Intel® SSD 320 Series Data Recovery Options for S...