cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme Wearout / NAND_Writes_1Gib on INTEL SSDSC2BW120H6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,

I have a number of linux workstations with SSDSC2BW120H6 in the office running for 6-12 months. I've started monitoring SMART recently and was shocked by wear out numbers I see. Please check one of examples:

So... PC is running for 5353 hours (~7.5 months), 19426161684 logical sectors written (~9TB) , but 249 (NAND_Writes_1Gib) says 90TB with 52% wear out??? Why physical writes are 10 times higher than logical? Will the SSD be dead in another 7 months?

4 REPLIES 4

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Usego,

We are aware of the situation with the Intel® Solid State Drive 530 and 535 series and we are working on a fix that will be available very soon.You can also check this /thread/46941 thread where we have acknowledged the situation already.We will be contacting you over private message as well.Regards,NC

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Sorry, haven't noticed an existing thread.

Those workstations are Ubuntu Desktop workstations with a number of processes like MySql, nginx writing small logs / data updates to disk. Those are regular small writes, maximum 10-20MB per hour, but increasing NAND counter per 4-5 gigs per hour (checked at night period when there is no other user activity).

Will it be a warranty case when SSDs are dead with wearout 100%?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Usego,

We will be updating the original thread soon and we will make sure this information comes to you as well.About the warranty, you can always contact our support department for further assistance on that. Please try to contact them in the https://customercare.intel.com/?lang=en-US following link. Please let us know about this thread as well.Regards,NC

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Usego,

Intel has introduced a solution that addresses some customer's concerns on the high Write Amplification on the Intel® SSD 530 Series and the Intel® SSD 535 Series products. Please follow the steps at this link https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26452/Write-Amp-Firmware-for-Intel-SSD-530-535-Series Download Write Amp Firmware for Intel® SSD 530/535 Series to receive/download the firmware fix.

Please let us know if you require further assistance with this new firmware or anything else.

Regards.