cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC P3700:NVMe command reported a problem

dhou1
New Contributor

Hello,

When I use the command "isdct show -all -intelssd" to view my solid state drive, I get the following feedback:

AggregationThreshold : 0

AggregationTime : 0

ArbitrationBurst : 0

Bootloader : 8B1B0129

CoalescingDisable : 0

DevicePath : /dev/nvme0n1

DeviceStatus : Healthy

DirectivesSupported : False

DynamicMMIOEnabled : The selected drive does not support this feature.

EndToEndDataProtCapabilities : 17

EnduranceAnalyzer : Media Workload Indicators have reset values. Run 60+ minute workload prior to running the endurance analyzer.

ErrorString :

Firmware : 8DV10102

FirmwareUpdateAvailable : Please contact your Intel representative about firmware update for this drive.

HighPriorityWeightArbitration : 0

IOCompletionQueuesRequested : 30

IOSubmissionQueuesRequested : 30

Index : 0

Intel : True

IntelGen3SATA : False

IntelNVMe : True

InterruptVector : 0

IsDualPort : False

LBAFormat : 0

LatencyTrackingEnabled : NVMe command reported a problem.

SMBusAddress : NVMe command reported a problem.

What does "nvme command reported a problem" mean? How do I look at this problem?

Here are other informations:

OS:CentOS release 6.9 (Final) kernel:2.6.32-696.el6.x86_64

isdct:Version: 3.0.9

Intel ssd DCP3700 HHHL NVMe 400GB

4 REPLIES 4

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello DevinH,

Thanks for posting.

Other than this message, are you experiencing problems with the SSD?

The message might show up due to compatibility problems between ISDCT (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27248/Intel-SSD-Data-Center-Tool?product=87278 Intel® SSD Data Center Tool) and the operating system. ISDCT is supported on CentOS* 7.2.1511 with Kernel 3.10.0. This is can be found on the user guide included on the zip file, page 9.

We also noticed there's a https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000017245/memory-and-storage.html firmware update available for this drive (firmware 8DV101H0 ). We recommend to update it using ISDCT.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.

dhou1
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply

The problems I now encounter are:

A. When the SSD hard disk is tested, the data obtained is greater than the official data. But this SSD does not support caching, and there is no way to adjust the read and write cache settings. The related cache settings for the system are closed, but the data are different from the official offer, which is high.

B. When I do firmware upgrades to SSD, ISDCT prompts can not upgrade, need to contact the supplier

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello DevinH,

Thanks for your reply.When you mention the data for this SSD, are you referring to its performance or something else? Also, how exactly are you running the test? Please mention both method and tools involved. If possible, please share the results as well.Regarding the firmware for the SSD, could you please try to connect the device to a system with a compatible operating system with ISDCT? You can find a list of supported operating systems on the user manual included with the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27248/Intel-SSD-Data-Center-Tool?product=87278 ISDCT zip file, page 9.Best regards,Eugenio F.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello DevinH,

We haven't heard from you in a while. Please let us know if you had the change to test a firmware update on a different operating system.Best regards,Eugenio F.