cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install latest Intel driver for P3600

GBali
New Contributor

Prefer if ClementChong handles this new case, if possible, since she handled a recent different case for me very satisfactorily.

I understand that Intel's NVMe P3600 SSD driver 1.1.0.1004 should be installed as soon as possible, there are some bugs in Microsoft's NVMe driver that could cause data corruption (KB2897143). Also, any firmware updates to the SSD can only be done with Intel's driver.

I have unzipped the driver from the Intel web site to a driver64 folder with a subfolder of the IaNVMe.inf driver on my SSD and on a DVD.I have tried to update the SSD driver via device manager from on-line or from my PC but it keeps stating that the windows driver is the best driver. I have tried to update the driver in device manager via have disk but when I browse to my CD it only allows the driver 64 folder but not the subfolder that really contains the inf driver. I have tried the Intel driver update utility and find drivers but it does not find any.

Appreciate Clement's help on how to get this driver installed. Thanks.

George B

7 REPLIES 7

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello GeorgeB,

When using the "Have Disk" method, you have to extract the contents of the Intel Windows NVMe driver Zip file to a known location. Then go to Device Manager and identify the Intel® SSD DC P3600, select the option to Update the Driver Software and browse to the location where you extracted the driver, the NVMe driver file is in the folder "Driver64". Windows* should be able to detect the driver it you specify this folder.

You can find more information about this in the http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23929/eng/intel%20ssd%20data%20center%20family%20for%20pcie%20instal... Intel® Solid-State Drive Data Center Family for PCIe* P3700, P3600 and P3500 Series Installation Guide.

If Windows does not allow to install the driver you downloaded, then it may already have a working driver for the SSD. If this is the case please let us know the following.

Is the drive detected as Intel® SSD DC P3600 Series in Device manager?

Did you install the Intel driver for the P3600 at any point during the OS deployment?

Was the SSD detected automatically by Windows*?

I extracted the driver64 to a DVD. In device manager disk is listed as NVME Intel SSDPEDME40. When I try to load driver from have disk, location driver64 and sub-folders on DVD, Windows states I have best driver available and never tries to install the Intel driver. Driver listed is MS from 6/21/2006, Installed the NVME miniport OK but when it finished, it never asked me to install driver. Intel Data Center tool seems useless for me.

Never installed the driver during OS install or deployment. The SSD drive was detected automatically by Windows during the clean install. The MS driver is a functioning and working driver but I would really like to install the Intel driver based on info from Clement. What next or perhaps you can pass this on to Clement who communicated to me mostly during the night shift?

George B.

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

I noticed you asked for input fromClementChong, but I thought we could start with some initial recommendations, and Clement can post any new information if he is able to do so.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

George B.

Is there a particular reason you are doing Have Disk?

When the .zip is extracted there is an "installer64" directory, Inside this is a "setupNVME.exe". I would run this file which will take care of the other files and should be a successful install. Have you already tried this method?

It worked for me on an earlier version. I haven't used 1.1.1004 yet.