cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled a windows recovery at 99%, now my Intel 520 240gb cannot be found

User15789268296
New Contributor

Hi

So it got stuck at 99% while formating thru the built-in function Recovery in Windows, I needed the sleep so I shut the computer down.

As now, the SSD drive cannot be found. Ive tried it in an another computer, didnt work out. It cant find it to install Windows on with a bootable W10 USB-stick either.

Is it possible that the firmware has to be installed? Thru bios?

This is how it looks like in bios right now

https://prntscr.com/qmjlth

sometimes it shows in the right column as in the picture and sometimes it does now show, I havent found any connections, it seems random when it shows or not.

Thank you and sorry for the not so very ambitious language.

5 REPLIES 5

AlHill
Contributor II

Sounds like you roached something. I hope you had your data backed up.

Do a clean install of Windows 10, making sure you delete all partitions on the drive..

Doc

User15789268296
New Contributor

Hi Al and thank you for answering. As I tried to explain I cannot neither access or find the SSD.

When entering the installing part, with the USB, the only media listed in whereto install windows, only the USB is listed. No partitions whatsoever.

Thank you

J

AlHill
Contributor II

Well, either the SSD is bad, or the power or signal cable is loose, or something is wrong with your board/bios.

If you do get the bios to recognize it, turn off rapid storage technology. It is not needed.

Doc

User15789268296
New Contributor

Ive tried the drive in another setup and only that happened it slowed the startup down a bit and still found no drive. Any other suggestions? I already ordered a new drive but it would be very nice to save this one for use aswell.

Thank you