cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't initialize to windows. They used in Data Centre before.

alkan
New Contributor

I have 4  Intel SSD DC S4500 Series SSD. All of them have the same problem. When I connect to the PC I can see the size and SSD at Disk Management. It takes a little longer than normal SSD. There was just an "Initialize" option selectable. When I click this button it started tory the initializing. but after 5 minutes, it gives an error. Sometimes I/O device error or just Freeze and nothing was happening.

Diskpart is not working. The firmware update tool can't recognize the SSDs.  

I tried to connect from SATA port(and different USB to SATA devices as well) to the laptop,  Motherboard can't recognize it. 

According to my client, these devices come from the Data Center. 

Thanks advance.

Alkan

3 REPLIES 3

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor

Hello alkan,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory and Storage support.

As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® SSD DC S4500 Series. If we inferred correctly, please review and provide us with the following information:

1- Are you connecting the drives directly to the motherboard, or are you using an adapter?

2- If you are using an adapter, we would appreciate it if you connect your SSD to the SATA port on your motherboard and to try to extract the following logs by using the Intel® Memory and Storage Tool:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29337/Intel-Memory-and-Storage-Tool-CLI-Command-Line-Inter...

-1. SMART attributes: intelmas show -smart -intelssd “SSD_index”.

-2. The SSD information using show -all command from Intel MAS CLI: intelmas show -all -intelssd “SSD_index”.

Replace the “SSD_index” with the actual index number of your SSD. A complete User Guide is available below.

User Guide:

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/30059/eng/Intel_Memory_And_Storage_Tool_CLI_User%20Guide-Public-342...

3- We would appreciate it if you can provide us with pictures of the SSD labels to check the information it contains. The SSD’s serial number and part number needs to be legible.

We will follow up with you again next Wednesday, the 30th of December 2020, if we do not receive an answer from you. Please let me know if you would like to schedule a different date for the follow-up.

We will be looking forward to your reply in case you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

Hello alkan,

Greetings from Intel® Premium Support.

We were reviewing your community thread, which is related to your Intel® SSD DC S4500 Series. We would like to know if you checked our previous post and if you need further assistance.

We will follow up with you again the next Monday, the 4th of January 2021, if we do not receive an answer from you. Please let me know if you would like to schedule a different date for the follow-up.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Hello alkan,

Greetings from Intel® Premium Support.

We were reviewing your community thread, which is related to your Intel® SSD DC S4500 Series.

Since we have not heard from you in a while, we are going to close this community thread.

If you need further assistance related to an Intel® product, please do not hesitate to contact us back by opening a new thread.

Best regards,

Jos B.