cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not enter UEFI SETUP whit intel 750 ssd

ylim7
New Contributor

i have problem whit intel 750 ssd and my asrock x79 pro MB.

install intel 750 ssd then it can not enter UEFI SETUP interface

just hang up all black with only "9a" shown in monitor..

and detach it then i can enter UEFI SETUP interface.

i found Thread talk about similar problem

he allso have asrock board and 'A9' problem so i suspact there is bug in asrock UEFI

i mailed asrock TSD...but ... they can not found any problem in there testbed

they sent me this image yes they can enter UEFI SETUP interface whit intel 750 ssd...

what is it mean? only my ssd have problem?

exchage anoter intel 750 can fix it??

4 REPLIES 4

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello cotantra,

As was mentioned in the related thread, we suggest to use the Intel® SSD 750 Series in systems based on an Intel® Z97 Chipset, an Intel® X99 Chipset or newer. Most systems from previous generations are not fully compatible with these drives and may not work.Here are a few things you can check:- Contact the computer manufacturer and update the BIOS of your PC.- Try booting the PC with a single memory DIMM installed and check if it helps.- Connect the 750 to a different PCIe 3.0 x4 slot in the motherboard.- Are you using the SSD as data drive? or are you trying to boot from it?- Has the drive ever worked with your PC?JB

ylim7
New Contributor

thanks for your reply..

and i also read that thread

i alrady know that intel SSD 750 do noy officially suport x79 board..

but mother board maker.. asrock. they test intel 750 in same mother board under same bios version as i use

and they do not found any problem.

- Contact the computer manufacturer and update the BIOS of your PC.

- Try booting the PC with a single memory DIMM installed and check if it helps.

- Connect the 750 to a different PCIe 3.0 x4 slot in the motherboard.

i trying this things.. but there is no diffrent can not enter UEFI SETUP press 'DEL' then PC hangs and MB debug LED show me 'A9'

tested it olny VGA+CPU+1RAM stick installed - no diffrent

tested after secure erase - no diffrent

change PCIE slot - no diffrent

- Are you using the SSD as data drive? or are you trying to boot from it?

i can use it boot device. i just can not enter UEFI SETUP

i do not trying enter UEFI SETUP then my PC boot just fine...

ASROCK x79 PRO bios contain EFI NVME driver and work well and after windows load.. windows nvme driver also have no problem.

if intel 750 firmware version is couse of this problem.....

if asrock tested it intel 750 whit old frimware so they can not find any problem...

then how can i roll back firmware??

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello,

Firmware downgrades are not supported with the Intel® 750 Series. Regretably, we do not recommend using the 750 SSD's with the chipset family in your motherboard, so we cannot guarantee that it will operate properly with it. We have not had any similar reports with supported motherboards, and the fact that the drive boots confirm that the SSD is working correctly.If you consider that the problem started after upgrading the drives's firmware, we would advise you to contact the motherboard manufacturer so they can help resolve any BIOS issue that may be causing this behavior.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Are you using an ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional board? You said you have an ASRock X79 Pro mother board.

If you have a Fatal1ty X79 Professional board, I don't see a UEFI/BIOS update that adds NVMe support to your board. As said above, older chipset boards may not support NMVe SSDs.

I have an ASRock Z77 Extreme4 board that has a Beta UEFI update that adds NVMe support. I'm using an Intel 750 AIC SSD in that PC as the OS drive, with Windows 10.

Even with the Beta UEFI, I also cannot enter the UEFI/BIOS directly on this system. I get the same A9 POST code that you do. Otherwise, POST passes fine when the PC starts or restarts. Only when attempting to use the UEFI UI do I get the A9 POST failure.

I can suggest a workaround for getting into the UEFI Setup interface that works with my Z77 Extreme4 board when using an Intel 750 SSD. I don't know if this will work for your board, but it is worth trying.

Before you try the workaround, if you can get into the UEFI interface by removing the 750, and then save your UEFI settings in a profile. I would suggest doing that first. If you already have saved your UEFI settings in a profile, you don't need to do this. If you don't mind restoring your non-default UEFI settings manually, you don't need to do this.

On your board's IO panel, there is a "clr CMOS" button. That's the clear BIOS/UEFI button, it does the same thing a using the CMOS clear jumper on the board. Press the clr CMOS button while the PC is running. It should clear the BIOS/UEFI, restart the PC, and you will be in the UEFI Setup interface.

This works with my Z77 board, and is the only way I know of to get into the UEFI UI.