cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booting from 600p M.2. Causes bsod after login

MStor2
New Contributor

Hello,

this is a last ditch attempt to solve this before I give up and use a sata drive.. which would be a pity.

Im trying use a pair of 600p M.2s in RAID0 as a boot disc for Windows 10. Whether it's RAID or just ahci, if I install windows on either drive, I got a bsod "irql_not_less_or_equal" everytime after logging in to windows. This doesn't happen when booting from sata, and I can load the irst drivers and use the m.2. Raid from windows with no problems.

Tried two different z270 boards - Asus Prime z270a and now Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7. I have used different Memory. I have seen various forums saying to use old drivers, and have replaced the drivers with old ones and that has caused more bsod at startup.

Any thoughts or pointer anyone?

thanks

5 REPLIES 5

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Mikemusician,

We understand that you would like to use the SSD 600p as a boot drive but anytime you install the operating system, after the login you get a BSOD.Could you please share the BSOD code?Could you make sure the motherboards tested have the latest BIOS installed?Please let us know about this, we would like to investigate a little bit more about this situation.Regards,Nestor C

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Remove SATA Device1and2....

open irst ...

Create raid with in IRST options..

disabled SMART maybe...

my SMART is disabled...

steup windows10 64bit OK `

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Mikemusician,

We are following up the thread and we would like to know if you require further assistance.Regards,Nestor C

MStor2
New Contributor

Hi all.

Thanks for your replies. I've finally managed to resolve this - after replacing nearly everything else I replaced the processor. Immediate resolution. I thought CPU faults were pretty rare.

So no problems with the Intel M.2.s - they are now booting in RAID 0 fantastically. thanks again for your responses!