cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS Boot sequence does not show my SDD 520 240gb drive

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have installed the drive, but my existing boot drive is dual boot and both partitions will not fit on the drive. I used an Acronis backup image to recover the desired partition to the new drive, and all the files are there, as shown below as the G: drive. The drive does not show up on my BIOS boot sequence screen. Please help>

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Is your goal to set the SSD as the boot drive in the BIOS? I'm not totally sure but I'm afraid you might run into problems if you do that because you copied an installed OS to a drive connected to a different SATA port.

What I would try is unplug and disconnect all the drives accept the SSD and CD-ROM. Connect the SSD to SATA port 0, currently occupied by a 2GB (unformatted capacity) drive. Then see if the SSD appears in the BIOS.

On my Gigabyte motherboard the SSD 520 doesn't appear in the drives list because I have the SATA ports configured as AHCI which then switches the interface to a different controller. But the SSD 520 does appear as a SCSI drive in a list of drives to boot from.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks Brad,

That is my intent. I will give this a try tomorrow, and let you know what happens.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Did not work. Perhaps using Acronis to recover the second partition on the C: drive to the SSD did not result in a valid MBR, Although looking at the Hex in the MBR it looked promising. I get a message that the BOOTMGR is missing, while the HEX shows it on the drive. I will try a clean install of W7/32. Thanks for the help.