cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS IMPACT VIII & Intel 750 1.2 Tb Drive Not Detected

RRand2
New Contributor

I'm using the U.2 connector on the Maximus Impact to connect a 750 1.2 Tb SSDPE2MW012T4R5

ASUS Device report indicates that they support SSD DC 750 Series-400GB. I was trying to consolidate all my storage into one device.

When the machine opens bios the drive is not recognized. When I boot to win10, it finds the driver that I downloaded from intel but says it's not compatible with my hardware.

This is my last stab before having to return this beautiful drive.

Can this be made to work? Am I missing something? why would this board support the 400GB but not the 1.2Tb?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Some Additional Info: CMS is enabled and primary boot option is set to UEFI only.

6 REPLIES 6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

rswillis,

We understand you would like to install your Intel® SSD 750 Series in your computer, which is the Asus Impact VIII.

Please take a look at the following link: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/solid-state-drives/consumer-ssds/000005797.html?wapkw... Before You Buy an Intel® Solid State Drive for better understanding and requirements.

At the same time, please check this other link with some tested motherboards: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/solid-state-drives/consumer-ssds/000005729.html Tested Compatible Motherboards with the Intel® SSD 750 Series.

However, we would like to investigate on this case and get back to you after some research. If it is possible, we will try to test it here as well and provide you the outcome.

RRand2
New Contributor

Cool, I will hold off on the return till I hear something from your tests. I'm not in a big rush, and certainly this would be a potent combo.

However it turns out, thank you for taking your time. Greatly appreciated

DStuk
New Contributor

Intel 750, 1.2TB, U.2, boots just fine for me. Win 10, BIOS 1601

Do not forget to connect SATA power connector

Hope this helps

RRand2
New Contributor

I'm embarrassed to say that i actually had a loose connection. the SATA Power connector was not completely seated into the power supply. Fixed this and the drive / mobo works like a charm. Really just an amazing combination. I can't believe how fast this is. So stoked!

Thank you to both ds4 & nestor_intel for helping me w. this!