cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asrock Z77 Extreme 6 Pci Express slot problem

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have installed an 313 series 24gb msata drive in the motherboards mini pci express slot and it has not been recognized in Win 7 or in the bios...anybody have any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Your boards manual provides zero information about using the mini-PCIe slot, how it is configured, or to what SATA chipset it is associated with, which I would assume would be the Intel. I couldn't see any UEFI settings to enable it among the few PCIe settings in the "North Bridge" UEFI options, not to mention their terminology is obsolete.

All I can suggest is clearing the CMOS/BIOS with the button on the rear I/O panel, and then immediately setting any UEFI settings you use. The clear may wake up the BIOS/UEFI to find that SSD.

Your UEFI has a System Browser feature, on the main page, check that to see in anything is recognized in that PCIe slot.

What SATA drivers are you using now on the Intel SATA chipset, and what is your SATA mode set to?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I tried clearing the bios, system browser shows slot empty, and I tried updating the drivers. Running SATA in raid to take advantage of caching. Still no luck. Going to try emailing Asrock to see if they have any info...although I won't hold my breath. Thanks for your help.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

You should be able to test the 313 with a mSATA to SATA cable adapter. They are a bit unusual, and you must be careful that you get one that states it works with 1.8" drives, and not slim DVD drives. That is, if you want to bother.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Parsec,

Just wanted to let you know that I received a reply from Asrock, and was told that that the slot is not Msata compatible. I will purchase an adaptor for the ssd and plug it into a sata port

Thanks for your help.