cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AHCI Driver search ...

AZeni1
New Contributor

Hello,

I am looking for the AHCI driver for my daughter's Toshiba Satellite A200-1C5 laptop, in order to be able to install on it a SSD, as such solid state discs need the command TRIM to work properly.

The data of this laptop are:

Toshiba Satellite A200-1C5, model No. PSAECE-01200SIT, serial No. 47315065K, Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 fsb 667 MHz, 4 GB RAM (only 3 GB usable) hard disk Toshiba MK1637GSX ATA Device, 5400 RPM, 8 MB cache, SATA 3.0 Gb/s, 2.5 hard drive, motherboard Toshiba mod. ISKAE, serial No. 0123456789AB, North Bridge Intel i945PM Rev. 03, South Bridge Intel 82801 GHM (ICH7-M/U) Rev. BO, Socket CPU: Socket 479 mPGA, Chipset, should be GM965 Express.

I cannot look for that driver at Toshiba Support, as this laptop data in their support form are not recognized (too old?).

I'll be grateful to you if you give me a helping hand in that.

Best Regards

3 REPLIES 3

AZeni1
New Contributor

Hello,

I discovered, at last, that my search for AHCI mode, in order to be able to enable the TRIM command for a better use of a SSD, was useless, as the SATA Controller of the Toshiba Satellite A200 laptops is set to AHCI by default as stated in this topic: https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?75464-No-AHCI-in-BIOS-in-Satellite-Pro-A200 TOSHIBA SUPPORT FORUMS :

Satellite A200 or Satellite Pro A200 series does not contain the option to change the boot mode between AHCI or compatible mode.

The SATA controller is set to AHCI by default.

Afterwords, as root user, in (Windows 7) Command Prompt, I typed: fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify obtaining 0, which means that TRIM is enabled.

Best Regards

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Alb1,

We understand you were looking for AHCI driver, however as you found out, in your computer the mode in BIOS comes by default.We are glad to see you have checked and TRIM is enabled.Please let us know if there is something else we can help you with.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Alb1,

We are following up this case and we would like to know if you require our assistance or if you have some doubts.We will be waiting.NC