cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8MB bug but i tried the parted magic,mhdd,hdparm,dban

AGrig4
New Contributor

hi

the power cables of the PSU +- were touched by mistake and this made the ssd fail.

when booting in parted magic it shows as 8MB. I tried:

-firmware update from windows. it finds the ssd but the button for "Update firmware" can't be pressed. it's disabled.

-firmware update from linux using the usb boot. that doesn't work either. the ssd isn't found.

-hdparm putting password but it says "i/o error device not ready"

-with hdparm -I the linux displays a serial number with wierd ascii characters. it doesn't display "BAD..."

-with hdparm and other methods from here i tried hot swapping the cd drive and ssd after booting linux. the ssd isn't seen. i looked in all bios for a hot swap option but i din't find it.

-secure erase from with sleep. after sleep the ssd isn't visible at all so i can't do anything.

-removing the usb and cd drive before sleep

-hhderase in dos usb. no drives ar seen.

-mhdd in windows but it doesn't seem to be visible.. and when i select 1 I get an i/o error

-i was able to format it in other ways but it formatted only those 8MB

-dban as a last resort. i selected "quick erase". after 8 hours it displayed "success" and i tried again all the things above but it gives the exact same problems.

what should i do?

7 REPLIES 7

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello Andrew3000,

It seems you have tried many troubleshooting actions and yet the issue persists. Please contact your nearest support center for further assistance about this matter.

Contact options for different regions are found in the following website: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact Support

the ssd is no longer in warranty. i am willing to do risky things to it to recover it. what should i do?

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Andrew3000

Please check your private messages.

AGrig4
New Contributor

I did and i don't have any private messages. did you send one?