cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

750 SSD boot on restart does find RAID 10 drives; 750 failed

MPuka
New Contributor

My build is about 20 months old, and I've continually had BSOD crashing problems, which have lead to reinstalling Windows 10 Pro 64-bit twice so far. After each new install, I've had similar reoccurring problems. I've had many different BSOD errors; KERENL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO, UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP, SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, among others.

I'm running RAID 10 for data, w/ (4) WD 2.0TB drives. A reoccurring problem that starts immediately after each new install is with a RESTART from the power menu, on reboot all four drives will not be recognized, and the boot will take several minutes. IRST will show one or more of the drives as critical or failed, and I can't access the 😧 DATA drive. If I do a shut from the power menu, and power on using the front panel power button, all four drives will be recognized and boot will take 30-45 seconds. IRST will recognize all four drives as normal status, and 😧 DATA is normal.

I've run every basic check/scan I can find info for - CHKDSK, RAM memory scan, set paging file correctly, etc. I ran scan using Intel SSD Toolbox. First scans before most recent reinstall showed ssd was OK, but after reinstall trying to run scan causes Windows to crash, and then can only get back into SM. SSD Toolbox and firmware are all current versions.

The most recent failure I can't get into Windows, only SafeMode w/ networking. The most recent install resulted in another BSOD error less than 24 hrs, while still installing software I get another BSOD crash and can't get into Windows, only SafeMode w/ networking. I've read about other users having issues w/ Intel 750. I called Intel, and they are sending me a replacement 750.

There may be, probably are, other issues with MoBo UEFI settings. I haven't changed/tweaked anything except RAID. I do not know that the ssd is the root cause of these ongoing issues.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks. mpp

Build:

Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit

Asus X99-Deluxe II

Intel Core i7-6850K

DATA: RAID 10, (4) WD 2.0TB hdd

BOOT: Intel 750 ssd, 2.5" U.2

NVidia M4000

Corsair RM1000X

4 REPLIES 4

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello mpukas,

Thanks for posting.

Other than waiting for the replacement drive to arrive, we recommend the following:

- Disable fast boot on BIOS. This option is located on the Boot Menu.

- Temporarily unplug or disable RAID and try to reproduce BSOD. From the issue description there's not much pointing to the Intel® SSD 750 as the cause.- Make sure none of the HDD forming the RAID are connected to SATA6G_78, SATA6G_910 ports as they do not support IRST or RAID configuration on your board.

Please let us know the results.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello mpukas,

We haven't heard form you since the creation of the thread. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.Best regards,Eugenio F.

MPuka
New Contributor

Hello Eugenio,

I had already done your suggestions before the old 750 SSD drive failed, and did have the same results w/ the RAID drives not being recognized on a restart. I was getting the BSOD with the RAID drives unplugged. the RAID drives are connected to the SATA ports that are RAID configured: in my build they're on 1-4. Fast boot is disabled in BIOS and Windows.

I received the replacement 750 SSD and have successfully installed the OS and all software. It is running smoothly. However, I'm still experiencing the same issue with the all 4 RAID 10 drives not being recognized on a restart. A shut down and power on shows all 4 drives are normal.

I do not think the issue is with the 750 SSD, either. I've talked to Asus re: the motherboard & RAID, and they have looked into the problem but provided no answers. I really need to get tot he bottom of this issue. Any further thoughts are welcome. Thanks. mpp

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello mpukas,

Thanks for your reply. It is good to know the replacement drive is working properly.Please bear in mind that RAID configurations are out of our scope of support. You could try things like rebuilding the RAID, however the best option is to wait for your OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) to reply.Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.Best regards,Eugenio F.