cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

750 fills up completely with TRIM files

MRoll5
New Contributor II

I'm using the 750 NVMe 400GB as my boot drive on an Asus X99 Deluxe MB. I'm also using 2 x 850 EVO's I RAID0, 2 x 840 Pros in RAID0, a WD Black 4TB, and a Seagate Hybrid 2TB drive.

About once a day, my PC starts running slow and I noticed my 750 drive fills up completely with TRIM files. If I run the SSD Optimizer, it crashes around 80%. If I manually delete a few files to make room on the 750, then it runs SSD optimizer just fine. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I thought the SSD optimizer kept the drive free of these TRIM files, but it must only fix this whenever the application is run. Currently, I have it set to run every 24 hours at 3AM, but during the day, it still fills up with files, which makes my system slow, creates intermittent errors, and sometimes the BSOD. I replaced a Samsung M.2 drive with this drive, but I never had these problems with the M.2 drive. Has anyone else experienced this or might have a solution which will keep my drive running well all day?

3 REPLIES 3

MRoll5
New Contributor II

Actually, just a minute ago, I opened my Intel 750 Drive, which was showing 55% full in the SSD Optimizer, and at the same time, I just so happened to have a window open showing the contents of this drive. The second I clicked on SSD Optimizer, the entire drive filled up with "--==(Intel_Trim_File_32)==--.bin" and the File_32 portion increased to 33, then 34, all the way until the entire drive was filled up.

So now, even if I delete some of these files to make free space on the drive for SSD Optimizer to run, this work around no longer works. The software populates the entire drive until it's completely full of these "--==(Intel_Trim_File_32)==--.bin" files and then none of the software that came with the drive, to run on a scheduled basis to prevent this from happening, no longer works. This drive it a piece of crap, and I've had nothing but problems the second I received it to swap it for my M.2 drive. Good thing it's still under 30 days. I can still get my money back.

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello Rolldog,

Please let us know some additional details about configuration so we can get a better understanding of this condition:

Windows version

SSD firmware version

NVMe driver (as seen in Device Manager)

SSD Model and form factor(Add in card, or 2.5in)

Intel SSD® Toolbox version

How is the SSD connected to the computer (which slot, type of connector, cable, etc)

what is the error message when Optimizer crashes?

As we understand, you are seeing this trim files using Windows* explorer, please confirm if this so.

Usually the SSD is filled up with Trim files while the Optimizer is running, so it may be good to double check if it is not running when the issue happens. Please double check the TRIM schedule, since it may be running before or at the time the PC starts running slow and the 750 drive fills up completely with TRIM files (you mentioned this happens about once a day).

Please let us know what was happening before/at the time PC started to run slow? Was they any specific activity like copying or deleting large files, virus scan, etc?

Please confirm for how long the Optimizer was working, and for how long did you wait after the full drive was populated with Intel_Trim_File_XX files.

Trim should work automatically without needing the Optimizer if you use Windows 7. When you run the Optimizer, it should delete all these Intel_Trim_File_XX files after it finishes.

For any further assistance, let us know this information along with the 750 log file, which can be exported from Intel® SSD Toolbox.

FKlei4
New Contributor II

Update to tool box 3.3.1 solved the problem on my Windows 7 machine. All the trim files disappeared and free space was recovered. Glitch in 3,3,0?