cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

600p - what are the blue plastic strips for....?

DSlat
New Contributor

Probably a silly question but...my new 600p SSD came with 3 rectangular blue plastic strips with adhesive. I'm assuming they are to do with heat management - but I can't find any documentation to tell me just how to use them!

Can anyone help me or point to help?

I'm guessing heat issues are important - my SSD is currently in an external case to clone, and man does it get hot

don

4 REPLIES 4

Santiago_A_Inte
Contributor III

Hi DSlat,

Thank you for contacting Intel® SSD support group with your request for assistance with your Intel® SSD 600p Series.

As per your comment, we have no seen such blue strips; as part of our product factory packaging; in the box, it’s only included the SSD itself and the information booklet.

You have mentioned the use of an external enclosure; could it be possible, these strips came with it? Could you send us a picture of those strips?

As an important detail, let me indicate, Intel® has no validated any external enclosures for our SSD’s, therefore we don’t encourage the use of any brand of enclosures available in the market.

To further collaborate in a solution, we will appreciate if you can send us the markings of your SSD as detailed in the following link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025532/memory-and-storage.html

Please let us know if you might need further assistance.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Santiago A.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

n_scott_pearson
Contributor II

I would bet that those blue strips are actually metal (or at least some sort of heat conducting material) and, if adhered to the ICs on a M.2 SSD, will help dissipate their heat better.

Many external brackets and enclosures include some method for dissipating the heat from the M.2 SSD into the chassis of the bracket/enclosure itself.

...S

Santiago_A_Inte
Contributor III

Hi DSlat,

Greetings from Intel® SSD Support.

This is a friendly reminder your case remains open, awaiting for your reply.

Please let us know if you might need further assistance.

Have a nice day.

Santiago A.

Santiago_A_Inte
Contributor III

Hi DSlat,

Greetings from Intel® SSD Support Group.

This is to let you know this case is being closed.

Please feel free to get back to Intel® communities, whenever you might feel necessary.

Have a nice day.

Santiago A.