Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

600p ssd not recognized as boot drive in UEFI BIOS

MLanc2
New Contributor

MoBo: Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270x Gaming K7

CPU: i7 7700-k (S-spec SR33A)

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V (DDR4-3200; 2x8GB)

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 (8GB DDR5X, 256-bit)

Storage 1: SSDPEKKW128G7X1

Storage 2: SSDPEKKW512G7X1

Optical Drive: HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW UH12NS40

Just setup everything (new custom build PC) and it POSTs with no issues.

Entered UEFI BIOS and accidentally disabled the SSDs from not menu while trying to change the ODD to first boot option.

Win8.1 64-bit will not recognize either SSD for OS install destination.

P.S.: I'd prefer to use the 128-GB as master and 512-GB as slave

22 REPLIES 22

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Verloern81,

We understand you would like to setup your system with the Intel® SSD 600p but the drives are not showing up in the BIOS nor the installation of the operating system.We were checking the manual of your motherboard and you can try the following:-Go to the BIOS and select "Peripherals"-Once there, please scroll down and select NVMe Configuration-Both NVMe* drives should be thereIt may be necessary for you to re-map the M.2 slot to PCIe* in order for the system to recognize the SSDs.http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-z270x-gaming-k7_e.pdf Here is the manual, just in case you need to check for screenshots.Please let us know if this worked fine for you. For you to know, this motherboard is not in the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/memory-and-storage/000023121.html tested boards by Intel®, but checking the requirements, it should be fine.Regards,Nestor C

MLanc2
New Contributor

I have already tried to look for my 600p SSDs through NVMe devices. It states that there are no NVMe devices recognized. Which page of manual are you referring to for remapping procedure?

As a further update to my situation, I broke down and puchased a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 550GB for OS and have since upgraded to Win10. I, however, am still unable to get Windows Explorer to recognize either 600P SSDs as storage drives - only have C: listed (at 464GB total, which should obviously be the Samsung 850 EVO 500GB).

(btw, kinda stupid that these forums aren't very mobile friendly. couldn't send this reply or any others from mobile phone; samsung galaxy s8+, using Google Chrome as browser.)

MLanc2
New Contributor

As a further note, the 600p SSDs are recognized (at least in some fashion,) through the Intel Rapid Storage Technology app.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Verloren81,

Could you please provide us with a screenshot of disk management and the Intel® RST?We'd like to check how is Intel® RST recognizing the drive and at the same time, from Windows*. https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=1284# win10 Here is an easy way to access to disk management.NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.We'll be waiting for your response.Regards,Nestor C