cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

600p 512 gb Not Detecting

ANguy10
New Contributor

I recently purchased an Intel 600p 512 gb ssd. When I boot up my bios, it detects as unrecognized Intel Device. It is also not detected by my Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit. I have an MSI Z97m G43 motherboard which I feel like is the problem. I even tried using a pcie adapter and it still didn't work. Anyone got an answer?

2 REPLIES 2

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Gottagofast,

It's important to make sure you're running the latest BIOS version, as well as the latest System and Chipset drivers for your motherboard. These updates often include new and improved support for the NVMe* protocol.

Downloads for https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z97M-G43.html# down-bios MSI® Z97M-G43* Motherboard.

Note: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel®.

It may also be worth checking with your motherboard manufacturer, as they do list several limitations to the use of the M.2 port provided. Additionally, they do not specify if PCIe NVMe* 3.0 x4 is supported, or if the SSD will need to run on an older NVMe* generation.

Best regards,

Carlos A.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Gottagofast,

We're following up on your thread since we have not heard back from you. Please let us know if your issue has been resolved, or if further assistance is required.Best regards,Carlos A.