cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5400s SSD unaccessible

mdd7yyw
New Contributor

5400s SSD 240G , it can not be formatted , it cloud be detected , Cloud you help me to reflash its firmware by intel ssd firmware update tool , but when I boot up the tools in a USB ISO way , it said no update , shows as picture , Can I use the tool update or reflash its firmware manually?image

3 REPLIES 3

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, mdd7yyw.

Thank you for contacting the Intel Community Support Forums.

I received your thread regarding the firmware for your SSD Pro 5400S, I will be happy to assist you.

The latest firmware released for this SSD should be LBF017P, if the tool is not recognizing this, it is possible that your drive is slightly different based on its current firmware LBFL.

Did you purchase this drive separately (as brand new) or did it come pre-installed in a system like HP, Dell, Lenovo, or other?

I will follow up on March 24th or you can let me know a different date if additional time is required.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, mdd7yyw.

I wanted to follow up on your thread to check if you still need assistance.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns, but if that is not the case, I will proceed to close it on March 29th if there is no confirmation.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, mdd7yyw.

Good day,

This post is to follow up on your thread regarding your SSD and its firmware.

I previously wanted to confirm if your SSD is a generic version or possibly a version from an OEM (like Lenovo, Dell, or other...) before providing any recommendations.

The thread will be closed right now since there has been no confirmation and will no longer be monitored for support.

If you still require assistance, please open a new thread or contact us via any of the other support methods (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html).

Best regards,

Bruce C.