cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

120gb 330 x2 raid0 performance question

ddiam1
New Contributor

Not that this is a complaint of any sort, more of a curiosity.

After updating chipset and IRST,

My first HDtune bencmark averaged 1050: a nearly absolute horizontal line across the entire chart. It started initially at about 900, then after 1 or two seconds, ramped up to 1050 and stayed there for the duration.

After picking my jaw up off the floor, some months have passed, and some light use, i can't seem to achieve such a high benchmark any longer

Not that this is anything to complain about at a new lower average of 900mb/s , but the first 1/2 of the now consistently lower benchmark chart produces a lower varying rate , and the last half for the most part is constant at 1050 (with one short slowdown). Repeating the test each month delivers an identical result, so i can't chalk it up to TSR or caching, and it's always slower for the first 1/2 (well, slower compared to the original bench). The original bench stood solid for a few months. I can't think of anything I changed, or did, which might be the cause.

Slowing down overtime i understand is normal? Should it start so soon?

I'm simply curious, i guess, if this is normal, or a bug in win764, or possibly some settings glitch somewhere? I've already ruled out user error of course!!!

I'm impressed beyond belief with these SSD, and would like to learn a bit more about what to expect in the future, as i will soon be torturing them fully and completely. I have 2 benchmark screenshots i could upload if my description is too confusing.

thanks in advance for any thoughts and comments.

BLoorT

2 REPLIES 2

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

It is possible your RAID volume is not getting the TRIM command and therefore, not being optimized. First, try to optimize the drives with the Intel® SSD Toolbox; however, this depends on the SATA controller and driver being used. Another option will be to optimize each drive separately and mounted as a secondary drive.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18455 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18455

this controller doesn't seem to support trim under raid0. nice idea about mounting as secondary drive..i'll have to back everything up and see if windows exploded after! lol