cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X25-M G2 Very low write performance. Should I secure erase?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have a Intel x25-M G2 80G SSD now has very low write performance. According to AS SSD, Seq write is only 47mb/s and 4k write is only 4mb/s.

I have done almost everything I could found on the forum. Such as enabling AHCI, intall newer intel driver and use the toolbox. However, it seemed none of these fixed the problem.

My motherboard is a P35 board with ICH9R controller. The SSD is connected to the ICH9R port, and is running Windows 7. In bios, I have the ICH9t set in RAID mode, for a raid 5 data partition. However, the system is on this single SSD. Checking with Crystal disk mark, showing trim is enabled.

Does anyone have some suggestion to fix the problem.

I heard Secure Erase will bring the SSD back to top performance, my question is: after secure erase, do I have to fresh install Windows? or I can make a backup image before secure erase, then restore the image after (I have a copy of acronis true image home, and it can back up system image).

Please help.

2 REPLIES 2

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Make sure you have Wtite-caching enabled. Control panel > Device Manger> Select Disk> Right click properties> Policies

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Secure erase isn't necessary though.. Here is what I do when my G2 drive performance decreases.

I use the future called "Wipe Free Space" on the ccleaner. Then, I even run Intel optimizer. Shouldn't be necessary on Win7 with RST drivers, but these steps always boots up the performace by 100 points according to AS SSD Benchmark.