cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X25-M Firmware

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hey everyone.....my first post! ( round of applause please ) 🙂

Right, Intel promised us a re-release of the Firmware Update (& SSD Toolbox) by the end of this month, how likely will this be considering we only have 6 days left? When I got my X25-M G2, the Windows Experience Index in Windows 7 Pro 64-bit gave it a 7.8...........BUT, I had to do a reformat and reinstall due to some issues with SQL, and now it only scores a 7.6. Is this normal? And will the new TRIM functionality get it back to original score? Im guessing the reformat didn't necessarily wipe all blocks and thats what causing the slight score downgrade? The drive is still obtaining 240-250mb/s though.

Thanks guys!

walshy

10 REPLIES 10

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I called Intel support yesterday regarding my gen1 x18 drive, he mentioned that they will have the new firmware uploaded to the site by the end of this month. So it sounds like we only have a few more days of waiting! 😃

PCoup1
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

"Right, Intel promised us a re-release of the Firmware Update (& SSD Toolbox) by the end of this month, how likely will this be considering we only have 6 days left?"

Why didn't you just wait until the end of the month? Theres virtually a whole week left.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Cos' If you read the question properly, you will see that I was merely asking on the likelyhood of Intel delivering the update as stated!

PCoup1
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

What on earth is the point of that?