cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X25-M 160 G2 - Raid-0 Slow?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Got 2 new X25-m 160GB G2's new, installed them on Dell SAS 5iR in Raid-0

Not sure whats going on though, I suspect the SAS 5iR card and/or stripe size is causing the slowness Raid-0 64kb strip (not sure if there is an option to change this) 2 benchmarks First - Immediately taken after first boot - This is what I was expecting to be the norm. --

Second - Taken next day, only real change was a couple installs -- This is what I get now as the norm

Any opinions? How could performance drop in the course of a day? I don't know what the heck is going on here. I know the speeds are way under par. If I can't change the stripe size using the SAS card, what RAID card should I get? I would like to keep the raid-0 even (I am aware of the Trim dilema here)
5 REPLIES 5

MBall5
Contributor

Hello, regarding the performance issue that you are experimenting right now, unfortunately we do not have any recommendation so far regarding the trim issue using RAID so far because this is a hardware limitation within the chipset.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

It took 2 months for that reply --lol

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello... can't really say what is going on here, maybe your system is not quite as fast as mine, but my two X25M's in RAID0 are performing very well. I can show you a shot of today's CDM run and one from July of this year. You can see there is little to no degrading of drives to speak of. (get latest version of CDM... 3.0 I believe).

7-27-10 (X25M X2)

10-6-10 (X25M X2)

I am running RAID0 on an EVGA X58 Classified board, Core i7 @ 3.8GHz, two GTX 460 SLi, 10gb RAM on Win7 Pro x64. I can say on a fresh install the first thing to do is download and install your Chipset drivers (latest version) and latest Intel RST software (enable write-back cache.... important for SSD's, also disable Windows Defrag).

Also, try browsing the OCZ SSD forum (I know, they are not Intels) but very useful info and many guides are found there concerning SSD's in general. I found them very helpful.

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?186-Indilinx-Vertex-Agility-Turbo-Solid-V2-.... http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?186-Indilinx-Vertex-Agility-Turbo-Solid-V2-....

Best luck.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I ended up getting a a LSI 9260- 8-i, seems the older integrated raid card wasnt really performing as expected

Intel X25-m 160 R0 - Left

WD Raptop 150 10k R0 - Right