cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X25-E Extreme & BAD_CTX error

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Well, it seems that I've been bitten by this error. I see other reports all over these forums documenting this exact problem with other Intel SSDs as well as the X25-E. The symptoms are the drive serial number returning BAD_CTX and the size being reported as 8MB. As an end user who spent $400 on this SSD when it came out I am quite shocked that something like this could happen. I will be calling the Intel support line next week to see if I can get a replacement. If anyone from Intel is listening - I am in a position to influence hardware purchases for several large companies in the SF Bay Area and my future recommendations will hinge on how the support reps deal with me on Monday. I'm extremely disappointed to say the least.

1 REPLY 1

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

You can secure erase to recover the drive in most cases. Im sure that you have RMA'd the drive by now. But just in case: Back up often and pray to the SSD gods. Offer the Gods rice and beer twice a week on an altar with incense burning near your computer . NTFS junction points for profile storage on an older spindle drive can be helpful.

/thread/24339?tstart=0 http://communities.intel.com/thread/24339?tstart=0

Hope this helps.

Mach