cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows says my intel ssd x25 disk is about to fail

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello

I think i have a problem with my ssd disk. I tryed to turn my computer on and it was like extreamly slow 10min loading windows and like 5min to respond to any thing in windows. after a reset my bios gave me a warning that the disk was bad and press f1 to ressume. after the f1 windows loaded normaly and speed was normal. than after a while i got a warning to backup my intel ssd disk from windows. I have runned toolbox/crystal info, and the drive toolbox says lifetime remaining about 100% ? but crystal disk info says 99% BAD. the disk is not that old any one know what i should do ?

thx to any one who will help!

3 REPLIES 3

plee21
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi

The problem appears to be transmission over the SATA bus. Basically the data leaving the drive is being received with lots of errors, so your computer is having to re-request the data many times and this is causing your slow downs. This could be caused by various things:

1) Bad SATA cable or bad connection. Try a different SATA cable and SATA port.

2) Cable is running past a component or other wires that are causing interference, so try making sure the SATA cable is routed away from other cables.

3) A fault in the SATA drive or the motherboard.

You can sort out 1 and 2, but if that doesn't help looks like something is faulty.

Regards

Phil

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I tryed running the same cables on my old disk that was running windows xp, and everything is okay there.

But the SSD disk is running at normal speed now, tough i get warnings from windows 7 that its a bout to fail any time soon every now and than poping up on the screen.

plee21
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi

If things are running better now it might have been the cable. If it is fixed then the End to End error count will not be incrementing anymore. Eventually the drive will hopefully decide the problems are gone and it will start reported "Good" again and you will stop getting the warnings.

Regards

Phil