cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 and Intel MSata driver incompatability.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

As a MS Gold partner I have the Windows 8 that is released to Manufactors and so its no longer a beta install.

As it is, installing windows 8 to this drive takes around 6 hours to complete and once completed windows 8 works fine while its on the desktop but rebooting takes 4 hours to get back to the desktop.

I have a MSi Windpad 110W with a Intel 310 SSD msata and AMD chipset.

I have already tried the disable windows volume shadow copy service and that does not help in the slightest. At this point most Microsoft partners I have talked with have just recommended me to trash the Intel solid state drive and instead go with drive with a sandforce controller as they work with Windows 8.

Has Intel got a update yet for this? I would prefer to stick with Intel than some other type.

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Very interested to hear if this gets fixed as I have the same drive and the same problem.

I'm sorry for the trouble you are experiencing.

Not all issues posted to this community receive the prompt peer support that you might need. In lieu of waiting for assistance, I would like to suggest you contact http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support Intel Customer Support for additional troubleshooting assistance.

Thank you.

Jim

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

No worries Jim. I fixed the problem by replacing the Intel drive with a competitors one.

Windows 8 is purring along nicely.