cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why stopped Intel offering the SSD Toolbox?

DZand
Contributor III

Since I have successfully flashed the meanwhile withdrawn Trim supporting SSD Firmware into my 2 Intel X25-M 2G SSD's, I would like to know, if it is safe to use the SSD Toolbox.

Is there something wrong with that tools too? What may happen?

If it should be safe for all Intel X25-M 2G users, which did not ran into problems after flashing the TRIM Firmware, why stopped Intel offering the SSD Toolbox?

Regards

Fernando

12 REPLIES 12

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

My understanding of this is sketchy but I don't think we know if the hardware, the firmware or the tools are broken. Or all 3 of them. I have one on order from Amazon that's supposed to be sent in a week and I'm thinking of canceling it.

DZand
Contributor III

@ MacNab:

Thanks for the reply.

It seems impossible for me, that the TRIM Firmware and the SSD Toolbox are broken simultaneously. The only possible explanation for me is, that users with a broken SSD (after a bad flash of the Firmware) might get it even worse, if they try to run the Optimizer of the Toolbox.

I don't have any idea why users, who successfully have flashed the Firmware, should not use the SSD Toolbox.

@ Intel employees:

Please give us an information regarding the SSD Toolbox. If the use is safe for owners of an Intel X25-M G2 with updated TRIM Firmware, you should offer it again within your Download Center.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I updated the TRIM firmware and installed the Toolbox. I have not had any problems using the Toolbox. If you have Windows 7 and the Microsoft AHCI driver installed from Windows 7 installation while BIOS set to AHCI, you do not need to run the Optimizer. I used the Toolbox to check SMART, Drive information, and Diagnostic scans. I did run the optimizer once just as an experiment.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Again....there are no needs to activate AHCI, Windows 7 TRIM functions are integrated in Windows AHCI driver and IDE driver...