cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well got the new updater. Says i dont have an ssd in my machine

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

More troubles. Tried to run the firmware updater (the new one). Boots from the cd ok and says checking for intel ssd's. Says I don't have one in my system. What crap. Should have bought an OCZ

5 REPLIES 5

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

OK I fixed it. What they don't tell you is that on some mobos you have to switch your AHCI back to IDE to do the update then switch it back after you have updated the firmware. Hope this keeps some of you from pulling out whats left of your hair.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for the info....I had to make the same change and I sucessfully updated the firmware on my X25-M 160GB drive. Time to load the OS and see how things go.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

If your SSD was working previously than your SSD is working fine now, because you haven`t updated with the new firmware yet.

Your new firmware update software can`t see your SSD that is not a big problem. Go to your BIOS and check your settings.

You have to read the "Read me", next to your download link.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I believe it's actually in the readme file next to the download link or within the iso file. It talks about Nvidia mobo, raid, etc. It's in the README file. As with anything firmware, please read the readme file before doing any updating.